- Native support for tailing logs on machines accessible via SSH
- The new "xpath()" table-valued SQL function.
- Change the user-interface to your liking
- A friendlier way to interact with filters.
- Annotate log messages with your thoughts.
Looks like there was an in-depth
tutorial on lnav in Linux Magazine.
Unfortunately, I didn’t notice until now and missed out on a hardcopy.
- Find out where log messages are coming from.
A review of lnav
is in Linux User & Developer magazine issue 162:
- Automatically reformat structured data with "SHIFT+P".
- An alternative way to copy displayed text.
- Packing more information into the right scrollbar.
The October issue of Linux Magazine
has a nice review of lnav v0.5.0, the author gave it four out of five stars!
- Still going strong!
The german magazine, Linux User, has a
mini-review of lnav v0.6.0 in their
- The standard utilities are tough competition.
- Turning JSON barf into something readable.